Monday, June 1, 2015

NEVADA ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE COMMENTS ON SENATE BILL 483

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 31, 2015

Michele Fiore’s statement on Senate Bill 483
Assemblywoman Michele Fiore issued the following statement in response to the vote on Senate Bill 483.

"I will always stand with the voters of Nevada, and when they voted down the Margin Tax overwhelmingly last year, I heard them loud and clear. That is why I voted against Senate Bill 483. I find it abhorrent that Governor Sandoval would try to pass off this wolf in sheep’s clothing by renaming the “Margin Tax” to “Commerce Tax”.

"The whole production has been disingenuous. I have tried to ask on the record only to be silenced when I raised questions about the interests of the advocates, including Jeremy Aguero. It concerns me that his financial interest in this tax has not been disclosed. It is unclear what he has been paid by the Governor or the taxpayers of Nevada to sell this tax. Other advocates include Caesar’s Entertainment, which is currently in bankruptcy. This makes me question the quality of their support.

"Finally, I am very disappointed with my peers for caving to political pressure. Some of the biggest name lobbyists in Nevada have been twisting arms and making promises to pass this tax, and several of my peers fell for the act. In the hours leading up to the vote, these members could not be found, as they were whisked away so they could not be reminded of the promises they had made to voters.

"I will always uphold the promises I have made to those who have elected me. I stand with the voters of Nevada."


No comments:

Post a Comment