Friday, April 10, 2015

NEVADA ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE ON KDWN 720AM RADIO SATURDAY at 9 AM


Friends,

Did you catch Steve Sebelius’ column earlier this week? He writes about the sweet irony that this week the Assembly Taxation committee introduced a tax bill that was heard and voted on in one day and would increase the state’s business license fee and payroll tax. Steve writes, “That’s right: The Assembly’s biggest tax bill was introduced by the men who now hold the jobs that Fiore, an ardent tax opponent, once held.”

It’s not ironic, Steve. It’s accurate predictions.

There was a reason why I was removed as chairwoman of Taxation as well as the brainiac unilateral decision, supposedly made by Speaker Hambrick, to remove me as the voted in Majority Leader without a vote. I suspect it was because if I were still chair of Taxation or Majority Leader, this proposal never would have passed muster. 

Click here to read Steve’s article.

This is exactly what we’re going to be talking about tomorrow morning on Walk the Talk with Michele Fiore. I have the brilliant Geoff Lawrence who knows the Nevada budget inside and out. Geoff is now working with Nevada Controller Ron Knecht and was central to creating the conservative budget proposal that my peers and I have put forward that will not raise taxes on Nevadans.

I’m really looking forward to this conversation because we’re going to compare the Armstrong/Anderson tax plan to the Governor’s plan, and we’re going to talk about other areas where we can save tax dollars.

Tune in to KDWN 720am at 9am tomorrow morning. If you miss us on the radio, we always post the show to www.VoteFiore.com afterwards.

I hope you’ll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment