Wednesday, September 3, 2014

NEVADA - ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE (4th) - OUR TRUE CONSERVATIVE

Friends,

I cannot believe the summer is over and Election Day is just around the corner. I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend and had the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones. 
My volunteers and I have been spending every free moment knocking on our neighbors’ doors and talking about the upcoming election. It is very important to me that my volunteers or I connect with each and every voter personally before the election, especially during our pasta dinners. Watch the mail for your invitation to an upcoming dinner.

One of the great parts of being your Assemblywoman is that I get to meet great people with amazing stories. I want to share two of those stories with you today.

Helene Neville is an inspiration to me. When faced with cancer, Helene Neville decided to run, and she ran for 93 days across the United States. The only things she took with her she carried on her back.

Last year I had the opportunity to participate in Helene's National Nurses Health Institute conference. This year I’m proud to be a sponsor of the annual conference of inspirational speakers, half marathon and Zumbathon. The conference is open to the public. Click here to see the schedule and to purchase tickets.

The second person I want to share with you is my friend Helen Opdyke who is walking 60 miles in 3 days to support Susan G. Komen. In addition to the show of support, each participant must raise $2,300 to be part of the event.
We all know someone who has been touched by cancer, including breast cancer, and Helen walks for her mother who is a survivor and for herself and her daughter who are at increased risk. This is her 3rd time participating, and I ask you to join me in making a contribution to help Helen continue to be part of this amazing group of women. Please click here to make a donation. You may need to click donate and type Helen Opdyke’s name.

This time of year, we are often asked to donate to political campaigns, and while that is important, we cannot lose sight of the groups that are doing amazing, inspirational work in our community. Thank you for joining me to support them.

Yours truly,
Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment