Monday, June 9, 2014

NEVADA - ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE SALUTES LV METRO AND GIVE HER SUPPORT

Friends,

My heart hurts over the shooting this weekend. This is a tragedy for our community, and I urge you to join me in standing in support of our local law enforcement.

As a legislator and as a Nevadan, public safety is my number one priority. Members of our law enforcement put their lives on the line every day to keep our community safe, and Officers Alyn Beck and Igor Soldo made the ultimate sacrifice only because they were wearing their law enforcement uniforms.

Our law enforcement deserves the best from the community, and I have always supported our officers. Please join me in helping the families, friends and fellow officers by making a contribution to IPOF to help support them through this loss.

Contribution information can be found here, or you can mail a contribution to: IPOF, 9330 West Lake Mead Boulevard Suite 130, Las Vegas, NV 89134.

My heart also goes out to Joseph Wilcox, the citizen who gave his life to help evacuate people from the Wal-Mart. Wilcox had a concealed firearm permit and, according to police, was a hero who was trying to stop the shooters and allow people to leave the Wal-Mart. I’m working on getting details about a fund for Wilcox’s family as well, and I hope you will help us support them during this difficult time.

There have been reports that at least one of the shooters was in attendance of the Bundy Ranch protest, and many of us were also there. My primary purpose in being there was to support public safety and urge attendees to be peaceful. This serves as a reminder that evil is around us, and we must always be vigilant and report our concerns to law enforcement so people can get the help they need, sometimes from mental health professionals.

I’m sure the media will bring forward all sorts of information in the coming days, and I urge you to not jump to conclusions until all the facts are known. One of the questions that weighs heavily on me is whether the shooters had access to mental health services and what types of drugs or medication they may have been using.

Today I urge you to keep our focus on supporting the victim’s families, friends and fellow officers and keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

Yours truly,
Michele Fiore
Paid for and Authorized by: Fiore for Nevada
9085 W Rosada Way | Las Vegas, Nevada 89149

No comments:

Post a Comment