Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE 05/13/2014 DISTRICT 4 NEWS

Dear Friends,

Once upon a time, when men were men and states were states, we held our federal government accountable. Great things are happening in our efforts to return Nevada's public lands. More to come on this statement; first let's cover some District 4 news.

It has been a busy few weeks. On top of my full time job of running my home healthcare business, I am also serving on interim legislative committees, campaigning for reelection, meeting with the amazing constituents of District 4 and discussing real issues in our community. I also celebrated Mother's Day last weekend as a daughter, mother, and my favorite, grandmother (my grandchildren call me Nona). I am truly blessed.




Some other highlights from the last few weeks...

I love our animals. Our horse gave birth to a filly on May 1st. The new baby girl is named Bambi, and she is so good with Jake.


I attended the 3rd Annual Safe Nest Mother's Day Tea over the weekend with my friend Victoria Seaman. It was such a fun event to support a great cause. I have to give a shout out to SunDee Morning Hat Co. for styling me for the tea. They have the greatest hats!


I also attended the Olive Crest's Be the Change fundraiser to support a great organization dedicated to Preventing child abuse, to Treating and Educating at-risk children and to Preserving the family.


Last week I attended the F.I.O.R.E. meeting at the Italian American Club. They have the best food, and the conversation was great. Since I'm also a "Fiore", they welcomed me with open arms.


A very important highlight from the last couple weeks is the legal battle of working towards getting our lands back has started. Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act request for information from the BLM in regards to the Bunderville land, the Bundy family, and the people who supported the Bundy's.

Larry Klayman is a champion for the American people against corruption in government. Recently, he has filed lawsuits in the NSA spying case, and I'm so thankful for his support of our cause.

Something needs to be done about our public lands. In the video below, Ken Ivory, President of the American Lands Council and Utah Representative, shows the relation to the amount of public lands to education dollars. The video includes Utah Congressman Rob Bishop's powerful testimony and examples. This video is 5 minutes; however, the part that makes the case is at 2:52.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO


In Nevada we're faced with exactly what Ken talks about, economy killing tax increase like the Margins Tax. They call it the "education initative", and it will kill jobs. I urge you to vote NO because the problem isn't Nevada's budget, it is the BLM lands that need to be returned to the state so we can have the same opportunities for education funding as other states.

It's time to get passionate, involved and accountable for all of our futures. We have been divided by design. Do not let brilliant strategists keep us divided by race and party. It's about us, the quality of our lives, our livelihood, our liberty and the pursuit of our happiness.

I have included one other video that will blow your mind. Ken Ivory explains exactly how Nevada got here with our federal lands and how other states took theirs back. He says that states acknowledge in the 1800s, once upon a time when men were men and states were states, that federal ownership of state land was a problem. It's 14 minutes of education that you won't get anywhere else. Please forward this email and video to as many of your friends as possible.

WATCH: What the BLM does NOT want you to Know!


Nevadans must hold BLM accountable and take our lands back. I invite you to join me in Salt Lake City to watch Ken Ivory and Utah Speaker Becky Lockhart debate the transfer of public lands, hosted by the Salt Lake Tribune. The debate will be held tomorrow Wednesday, May 14th at 7:00pm MST at the Salt Lake City Library, 210 E 400 South, Salt Lake City. Please plan to arrive between 6:15-6:45pm. I will be there, so please send me an email and let me know if you will be there too.

If you are unable to attend, live streaming audio and video will be available at sltrib.com. Please also forward this great opportunity to learn more about public lands in western states with your contacts.

I want to leave you with one final thought about one of the things that makes me wonder about our Nation. How serious is our administration? Putin put 40,000 troops on the border of Ukraine, and our President sends less than 200 troops across to world; a few in Poland, a few in Estonia, some in Latvia and a few more in Lithuania to deal with Putin and his 40,000 troops. He sent more troops to Nevada, over 250 agents with heavy artillery displaying governance by gunpoint to Nevadans and fellow Americans, to deal with trespassing cows. Just saying look at his priorities.

I have said it before; I stand with you, and you can count on me to see this through because Nevadans deserve the return of our public lands. It just makes sense that we have the same opportunities as other states, rather than gamble our children and grandchildren's futures on tax increases that will destroy any hope of growing Nevada's economy.

Yours truly,

     Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment