Wednesday, January 29, 2014

NEVADA ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE A WINNER FOR ALL OF US

Friends,
I get asked all the time what I do as your Assemblywoman when we’re not in Session, and the answer is A LOT!
In addition to our daily routine of voter contact and door knocking, my volunteers and I have been busy stuffing envelopes. We’re sending a copy of the NPRI legislative guide to likely voters in Assembly District 4. If you haven’t received a copy, you can view the online copy by clicking here.
My number one goal is to be your voice in Carson City, and NPRI is an organization that I truly respect for their sound policy analysis, so when they rated me the top legislator in 2013, it confirmed to me that I’m voting for the people and not the special interests. 


The other thing that happens between sessions is Interim Committees. I sit on the Sunset Subcommittee, which identifies repetitive and out-of-date boards and commissions and recommends ending them to save tax dollars, the Task Force on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse of Children and Pedophile Task Force which will make recommendations to the next Legislature for was to better protect our children, the Subcommittee on Governance and the Subcommittee of Economic Development.
I also want to thank Assemblyman Duncan for allowing me to fill in for him on the Advisory Commission on the Administration of Justice this week. I love this commission because its issues are so near and dear to my heart. This is the interim committee that essentially deals with our rights. In one agenda alone, we had updates on mental health, public safety, courts, medical marijuana and juvenile justice.  

January 26th – February 1st is National School Choice Week
Tonight NPRI will be screening Bob Bowdon’s “The Ticket” in Las Vegas followed by a roundtable discussion on school choice, featuring Bob Bowdon and Nevada education experts.
7 p.m.
 January 28, 2014
 Hope Church 
850 E Cactus Ave.Las Vegas, NV 89183
Cost: Free
 This event is open to anyone interested in school choice, including families and children. Please feel free to share this invitation with your friends and neighbors.

We have a lot to do between legislative sessions, and I love every minute of it! 
All my love,
Michele Fiore 

No comments:

Post a Comment