Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MICHIGAN - TERRI LYNN LAND, CONSERVATIVE FOR U.S. SENATE

Dear Fellow Conservative,
I don’t need to tell you how important it is that we win control of the United States Senate in November; you already know that. What I am here to tell you though is that the path to 51 Republicans to take back the Senate, 51 votes to make Washington, D.C. work for the people, and 51 votes to finally repeal Obamacare, runs through Michigan.

My name is Terri Lynn Land—I am ready to be the next Republican U.S. Senator from the state of Michigan, and ready to be America’s 51st vote to repeal Obamacare.

We need to win a total of six seats in November to finally take the reins from Harry Reid. It won’t be easy; some seats are more difficult to win than others. But as each day passes, and more Americans are faced with the new reality of more expensive health care, fewer choices, and lower quality, the more people join our cause.


The tides are turning here in Michigan and our campaign has all the momentum. The latest poll showed me leading my opponent, Liberal Congressman Gary Peters, by two points—and that was conducted by a Democratic polling firm, so you know our lead is even bigger. But that’s not all: the analysts in Washington have taken notice too! Just last week, the Cook Political Report changed the Michigan senate race from a “lean Democrat” to a “Toss-Up,” and the National Journal said our chances here are increasing. This is a big deal.
People in Michigan are ready for change. More than 225,000 hard working Michiganders were kicked off their insurance plans because of Obamacare, despite President Obama and Congressman Peters assuring them that if they liked their plan, they could keep it. Countless more are facing higher premiums and lower quality of care, too. And the employer mandate hasn’t even kicked in yet. It is clear; Michigan is ready for REAL change.

This race offers a stark contrast: I have a strong record of bringing efficiency and accountability to Michigan government, whereas my opponent has for too long been part of the problem in Washington.

As Michigan’s Secretary of State, I worked for the people to make the SOS office “user-friendly.” Using the same kind of problem solving strategies I use in the private sector, helping run my family business, I identified areas where the Office of the Secretary of State could be more efficient and better serve the taxpayer, then I came up with solutions.

We put services online and installed 24-hour self-service stations at our branch offices so that people could do business whenever it was convenient for them, rather than take a day off from work or miss their kid’s big game. We right-sized the staff to best serve the public’s needs, and more importantly we did it all under budget without laying people off.

We did what the taxpayers rightfully expect. We did what works, and that’s what I’m ready to do again as a U.S. Senator.
But then there’s Obamacare. The Obamacare rollout that began in October is a failure. Some Democrats have even called it a “train-wreck.” Despite the President’s own promise, 6 million Americans have been notified that the insurance plans that they like, and want to keep, will be cancelled. Even worse, only a small fraction of those hard-working folks have been able to find another policy—and those who have are being forced to choose coverage that they don’t want or need, and at prices they simply cannot afford.

Obamacare is leading to limited access, lower quality, and more expensive health care. What’s more, it violates the privacy and relationship that you share with your doctor.

I want to stop this dangerous law from getting any farther into our lives, but I can’t do it without your support.
Obamacare is more than a broken promise and dangerous law. Obamacare has become the symbol of a dysfunctional government, plagued by gridlock and waste. Our national debt is $17 trillion, and still growing. Our tax burden is too high. Our job creators pay some of the highest taxes in the world and are being strangled by over regulation.

Our country deserves better. Our children and grandchildren deserve better. I want to inject sanity and common sense in to the Capitol to make government work for the people.
I know it will be tough, but I’m no stranger to hard work. Not only have I won statewide elections here in Michigan--and by large margins--but also, I spent my formative years working alongside my family, even changing beds with grandma Jenny at the family motel. I’ve never stopped working since, thanks to the values instilled in me at a young age. Will you give me the honor to work for you in the U.S. Senate?

Michigan represents one of the best chances Obamacare opponents have to flip the Senate, and I am ready to work as hard as I can to make sure we don’t let that opportunity slip through our fingers. Can I count on your support?
It’s time for Washington to stop doing what doesn’t work. It’s time for Washington to start working for the people again. If you stand with me today, we will be that much closer to regaining control of the Senate, repealing Obamacare, and restoring accountability to make a government that works for the people.

Will you help me get Washington on track?
Sincerely,
Terri Lynn Land

No comments:

Post a Comment