Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE NEWSLETTER 05/29/2013

Friends,

You amaze me.

Yesterday the Assembly Committee on Judiciary heard one of the most contentious bills this session, Senate Bill 221, which would institute background checks on all private party gun sales. There was standing room only in our hearing room, packed full of passionate Nevadans who wanted their voices heard. I do not support SB221 for many reasons; however, I'm proud to live in a nation that encourages public involvement and debate in our legislative process.


This is what the legislative process is about. Your legislators spend four months every other year in Carson City working on legislation for you, and when we have this many people attending the hearing, it reminds me that every vote we cast will effect the people of Nevada.

If you haven't yet shared your opinions with the Legislature, there are still a few days and several important bills left. I urge you to submit your opinions or email your legislator.

Here are some of the bills that have received the most comments this session.


    


Your legislators are here to work for you. Please continue to contact me if you have ideas, questions or concerns. While the 77th Legislative Session is coming to a close, very soon we will begin generating ideas for legislation for the 78th Session in 2015.

I am so blessed to have this opportunity to be your voice in Carson City, and I cannot wait to return to District 4 so I can share with you all of the great things we accomplished this year.


All my love,
Michele Fiore  
Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment