Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MISSOURI - SARAH STEELMAN-REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE FOR U.S. SENATE

Dear Conservative,

Did you miss it?

Conservatives are reeling from the ObamaCare ruling a few weeks ago, and understandably so. But there was a key line in Justice Roberts' opinion that you need to see: "Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."

As much as I disagreed with the ruling, Justice Roberts was right about one thing:

The power is in our hands and nobody else's. If we want to stop ObamaCare, we must retake control of the United States Senate and repeal it ourselves. Nobody else is going to do it for us. That's why I am writing you today. My name is Sarah Steelman, I am running for United States Senate from Missouri. I need your help right now to defeat Claire McCaskill, retake this Missouri Senate seat, and then repeal ObamaCare once and for all. 


Conservatives need to learn an important lesson from what happened in that ObamaCare ruling: we can't rely on the Courts to fix these messes that the liberals have created. We cannot expect the Roberts Supreme Court to bail us out when there is a law passed that we do not like. No, we have to harness the power of the conservative grassroots, and go out there, talking to our friends and our neighbors and win the battle of ideas in this country. 
Sarah
                    Steelman
You know what? I didn't like the ruling any more than most conservatives did. But now it means we're going to decide this issue the way it should be decided, by having a great national debate, where the "We, the People" make ourselves heard at the ballot box.

I believe that I will win this race. It will not be easy though. My opponent, Claire McCaskill, cast the deciding vote for ObamaCare. She's one of President Obama's favorites. She's had money pouring in from liberal groups across the country. They will stop at nothing to make sure that Claire McCaskill is returned to office and that I am defeated, because trust me, the contrast between us couldn't be clearer between us.  


I am a proud movement conservative who has been endorsed by the Tea Party Express. It’s not enough to just elect Republicans to the Senate. We need real conservatives who are committed to rolling back the Obama Agenda.

If I leave you with only one thought, let it be this one: there is no other help on the way for us as conservatives. The Supreme Court has spoken: we are either going to get 51 seats in the United States Senate and repeal ObamaCare, or we're not. It's really that simple. If that is to happen though, I must defeat Claire McCaskill here in this Senate race in Missouri.

This is the most important election of our lifetime. This will either be the election where we irrevocably decided to go the way of the faded Western European Republics who slowly saw their freedoms erode and moved towards a welfare state, or this will be the election where we stood up, won a great victory for personal freedom, and took our country back.

The choice is clear. The stakes couldn't be higher. Never in my life have I backed down from a battle when my country needed me. And I'm all in for this battle.

Are you?

Sincerely,

Sarah Steelman
Republican for United States Senate, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment