Friday, July 15, 2011

STOP THE DEMOCRATS SPENDING BINGE

Donkey Dumb Congresscritters

Suppose your alcoholic son comes to you and says “Dad, I am only making $46,000 a year on my job but it takes me $78,000 to live. My credit cards are maxed out at $243,000 and the bank is threatening to cut off my line of credit on August 2nd. You have to help me keep borrowing!”
My reply would be “No, son, you need to drink less, work more, quit borrowing, and spend some of your $46,000 income to pay down your bills.”

But dad, I like drinking. I will no longer be popular with my buddies if I stop drinking. After all, one reason I am popular is I buy them drinks too!”
 Son, there are things in life more important than being popular with your drinking buddies. You need to stop drinking, work harder, and figure out how you are going to pay your bills.”
This is a common sense conversation, the advice any reasonable father would give a prodigal son. Here is where common sense goes out the window, and Congresscritters get really dumb. Those numbers are the US government income, debt, & expenses, divided by the number of families in America, based upon a family of four. Instead of drinking alcohol, Congresscritters spend money on programs to buy votes and keep themselves popular with the 47% of Americans who do not pay any income taxes at all.
Dad, you don’t understand how bad my situation really is. Unless I get my credit card limits raised I am not going to be able to make my house payments after August 2nd!”
“No son, you will have plenty of money from your $46,000 salary to make your mortgage payments, and even to pay at least the interest on your credit cards. However, you will have to stop drinking.”
“But Dad, you are a rich guy and you could just co-sign my debt so I could continue to finance all my necessary spending.”
“Son, you are right. I could co-sign your debt, and you would continue to live beyond your means, on borrowed money, after August 2nd. Of course, if I do that, and you continue to drink and run up bar tabs, there will come a time when you and I both can’t pay our debts, then we both lose everything we own.”
Dad, I want you to negotiate with me in good faith. I will agree to stop drinking…. some day, if you will just co-sign my credit cards right now, so I can keep running up my bar tab after August 2nd.”
You and I know exactly how to give tough love, to a family member with these numbers and spending habits. This situation is not fixed by Daddy pulling a Band-Aid off, or eating peas. This problem requires alcoholic Son Barry to get in a 12 step program now, and get the spending monkey off his back.
For some unknown reason, an educated man can win an election, become a Congresscritter, move to Washington, D.C., and he gets stupid enough to “negoitate” co-signing more debt. Debt that allows irresponsible colleagues to spend money…. borrowed money, on programs to make them popular with folks who do not work for a living or pay any taxes.
To her credit, Congresswoman Michele Bachamnn says she has a “titanium spine” and absolutely will not agree to raise the debt limit, under any circumstances. Mr. Obama is threatening to not pay the Army, not pay the interest due on US bonds, and not send out Social Security checks after August 2nd unless Republicans cave in to his extortion and agree to raise the debt limit. Now is the time for the rest of the Congresscritters to learn what Mrs. Bachmann already understands. If the federal government of the United States stops spending $1.4 Trillion dollars a year more than they take in, there will be no need to raise the debt limit. There is plenty of money. As Ronald Reagan used to say, “We don’t have a taxing problem; we have a spending problem.”
Spineless cowards like Mitch McConnell say we must cave in and raise the debt limit, or the United States is going to default on its financial obligations. That’s the alcoholic son again…. “Dad, unless you co-sign my visa card I will not have money for food to eat, or be able to pay my mortgage; I will only have enough money left for drinking and partying.”
The time has come to tell Barack Obama and Mitch McConnell “No more borrowed money. None. Nada. Zilch. The borrowing stops on August 2nd.” Follow that up with more bad news for Donkeycrats and RINO’s, “You will use the $2,400,000,000,000.00 the federal government has coming in already, to pay the Army, fund Social Security checks, and pay the interest on our past debt.” If there is not enough money for all the insane, shovel ready stimulus, foreign aid, welfare, bailouts, farm subsidies, and earmarks, that make you popular; cut out those things. We need to cut out those things now, not in August, not by the end of the year, not after the 2012 elections, we need to cut that spending now!
“Dad, you don’t understand. This deadline by the bank is real and they will cut off my credit cards on August 2nd unless you co-sign my debts. There is just nothing I can do. You have simply got to help me. You don’t understand just how bad it really is. I know it is pathetic, but I am begging, I am almost ready to pee in my pants & cry like a girl.”
Son, you need to get a backbone, work more, spend less, stop drinking, and pay off your debts. No, things really are not as bad as you claim. You just do not want to stop drinking, or stop buying booze for your buddies, all on borrowed money. If you really had to stand up like a man and be responsible, there are plenty of other options. Remember son, you own half the land west of the Mississippi River and you are not even collecting rent on most of it.
OK, your real son is not an alcoholic, you were a better father than that. My question is, what are you going to do about your Congresscritter? Yours may be one of those on a binge, and unfortunately the Donkeycrats are not the only ones with the problem. What are you doing about it? Your end of the lifeboat is sinking too, so shut up and bail.
That’s my opinion on this phoney crisis. What’s yours? I welcome your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment