Thursday, March 10, 2011

EDUCATION SOLUTION FOR THE CHILDREN, PARENTS, AND TEACHERS

By Lee S. Gliddon III
ConservativePatriot.org Contributor

The average cost per student K-12 in the U.S.A. is about $10,000 per year.

I propose we take $9,000 per student and give it to their parents in the form of a voucher. You realize I just saved 10% of the total education budget?

You allow acredited teachers to each have (20) students. You realize I just shrunk the class size so each student receives more attention?

Simple math... that is $180,000 per teacher.

Teacher keeps $100,000 in salary. This is maximum. You realize I just gave teacher an amazingly huge raise?

The teacher takes the other $80,000 per year to pay for:
  • Books (re-useable)
  • Mortgage on the building (they pool with 4-5 other teachers and now save the commerical real estate market and gain a significant retirement asset)
  • Furniture, Whiteboards, Projectors, Computers (all re-useable for years)
  • Other supplies
  • $15K pooled with the 4-5 other teachers for an administrator - that is a job for $60-70K a year for a real professional


Benefits
  1. I have just given teachers massive raises and excellent retirement
  2. I have just empowered the parents to choose the teachers
  3. I have just opened the teacher talent pool to more people and better people
  4. I have just offered students smaller class sizes
  5. I have just taken the corruption (unions and Democratic Party) our of education.

Why won't it happen? Only because of benefit #5

The Democratic Party and Union Bosses have too much money in their coffers to ever allow students, parents, and teachers have such an amazing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment